View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #121
LuvMySammy
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnarod View Post
How much does Sammy weigh and is he a heavy chewer? Tricksie is almost 9 lbs but I have spent a fortune on toys that she only eats. Do you think the Tenney Bopper would be durable? She can eat the Kongs in 15 min. Thanks for any help.
Donna
Sammy is 6.5 lbs. and he rips through Nylabones pretty easily so I guess you can call him a heavy chewer. He's had other rubber toys that he's torn apart and I've had to throw away. But he's had the same Bopper since I first got it for him in August and it's still in perfect shape. Also, I've seen the same exact Bopper packaged for parrots...and their beaks are STRONG...they can crack the hardest nuts and eat them!

But honestly, the Bopper feels pliable and soft to the touch so I think the trick with the Bopper is that he chews it to get the treat out of the center, not to eat the rubber. Depending on the treat I put inside, it can occupy him for a couple of hours. And once the treat's gone we just use it to play catch, tug-of-war, or he brings it to bed and licks it because even empty I guess it still smells like his treats.

Plus the Bopper is pretty cheap, less than $4, so maybe you could give it a try...hope it works for Tricksie!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!