Thread: Eating Habbits
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

I can tell you, from experience that Maddie is more than likely getting enough to eat. Being a nibbler is part of the Yorkie character (for some, anyway)

I too was concerned about Millie's eating habits and went thru a litany of foods (almost anything I could get my hands on). She would wolf down some foods for a few days and then loose interest in that food altogether. After 3 bouts of intestinal problems requiring medical treatment (one was full blown pancreatis). I put her on dry food and never looked back.

She never has eaten her food all in one sitting. she will graze, nibble thru out the day. She may eat enough to put a small dent in the food, but never eats the whole bowl and I only give her a little over an 1/8th of a cup at a sitting.

I never refill the bowl until she has eaten the whole thing, that way I get a gest of how she is eating. It evens out that she is eating about a bowl a day. Sometimes a little more some times a little less. She is 2 1/2 years old now and it's taken her all this time to get to the point where she eats that much in a day.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!