View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #10
lickthestar
YT Addict

I think that if someone tries to waive too much liability, I'd be a little concerned. I would trust someone who says that if anything bad happens, they will take full or partial responsibility. I'd also be careful of the types of payment that they are willing to take...if they say cash only or money order, I'd be cautious. READ THE CONTRACT and be sure you agree to everything in there. If you have any questions or concerns, ask and get it clarified before hand. Make sure there is one in writing. Make sure you get as much as a full history of your yorkie as you can so that in the future, if you want to track family history down, you can do that. Something that tells you what vet visits the yorkie had, and the results of it is a good sign. Also, find out your state's law on the issue and make sure that the breeder is complying with it. For example, in NY, when you get a dog, you have to get a license and take him to the vet within 14 days. The people that we got Archie from got a contract saying that we understand that and will do it. Also, make sure the breeder will give you money back if things don't work out. If you have the money or know someone who is a lawyer, contact a local lawyer and ask them to draw up a contract for you or to look over the contract the breeder gives you. And be careful of non-refundable deposits. I'm not giving you legal advice...these are just the things that I looked for in the contract when I got Archie. And don't forget receipts for everything!
lickthestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!