View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #10
izzy816
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomingtails View Post
I have been feeding my gang Dr. Harvey's for two years now. I swear by it. My one yorkie, Zoey, had IBS and we were having trouble with her blood levels and after putting her on Dr. Harvey's her blood work comes back within the normal levels every time.

My vet is old school and really objects to home cooked diets, I ignore him and after lengthy discussions about the phosphrous/calcium issues, I had one of my other dogs have a full blood panel screening and everything came back fine so my vet has to back off about it...LOL

It is somewhat pricy and you can fill in with good old hamburger/chicken, rice and a vegetable for some added variety. I have been very successful doing it this way for two years.

With Dr. Harvey's, you rotate meats and oils so you get some variety.

Here is a link from his website.
http://www.drharveys.com/dogs/index.asp

I am considering carrying it in my online boutique (I don't have it offered on the site yet) so if anyone is interested you can PM and I will look into what kind of pricing discount I can get you.
Im glad you guys found this lol I started feeding this to Izzy again. I stopped after using the first bag because of the cost, but decided to bite the bullet and purchase the 5lb bag. The person at the boutique where I purchased it said it will last a long time, but I'm having trouble figuring out how much to feed him. The directions arent very clear. He's only not quite 6lbs and eats about a 1/2 cup of dry food per day. So does that mean I feed him the same amount? According to the directions at 6lbs he should be eating 3/4 cup per day and that is the same amount Ive been feeding him of this food. I feed him twice a day so what I do is divide 3/4 cup into two. Is this too much?

If you sell it on your online store, I will definitely purchase it. I will PM you. I paid $45 for the 5 lb bag at the boutique. Im hoping that this will last a while. When I buy dry food, a 5lb bag will last 3 months and costs approx $8 per bag! So I dont think that this is a cost savings...just a better food for them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!