View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 07:12 PM   #5
milliecorrales
YT 500 Club Member

Default My story your asked for it

My name is as given on this board. Last year my youngest daughter called me about an ad in the LA Times for yorkies. She told me to go see one and that since it was my bd she would pay for it. I had not ever bought a yorkie, my first and only to that point had been a rescue that had recently passed away at age 14. I met this guy at his wife's grooming salon. I fell in love with Max on sight. He told me that Max was 12 weeks and weighed 2 pounds, this was Sunday, February 28th. I paid him and took Max home. I stopped and purchased the appropriate food, nutrical, etc for Max. Max was sick almost immediately. As per the vet, Max was about 7 weeks and weighed slightly less than one pound. I started calling the man I had bought Max from, there started a saga of almost two months of never-ending vet bills, no return calls after many calls made to the seller, and ending in the hospitalization of Max and his subsequent death. I finally got ahold of the seller, he told me since I did not take Max to his vet, tough luck. How was I supposed to know who his vet was when he would not answer any of my calls? I filed a lawsuit in small claims. When I went to have him served by the Marshal, I found out that the address given on the contract was not an address that he had ever lived at. To make a long story shorter, I through some investigation work, located his real address. I had a friend make an appointment to see a yorkie (he was still advertising), at the appointed time, I had him served with the court papers. Set the date for the court, two days prior to court, he called me to settle, I said okay I want two yorkies now to make up for the massive vet bills, and I want them healthy. We agreed to meet at his vets on Wednesday morning. We met, the vet gave both pups a clean bill of health, I took them home. Within 24 hours one of the pups was ill, he woke up and went into convulsions, I ran him to my vet, $600 later, the pup was diagnosed with PARVO. I called the seller, he agreed to pick up the dog. When he came to pick up the sick pup, he and his wife had a yorkie (4 months old) with them that was his wife's. I told him that I wanted that dog. He gave me the dog, both dogs had to be kept isolated from each other for 10 days not easy in an apartment. Had both dogs checked, one had sarcoptic mange. By this time, in love with the dogs, cost me another $300 to fix. Neither boy is a good example of the breed. Garrett does not look all yorkie. But I love them. This man still is advertising and now has a website. If you live in the Los Angeles area do not buy a dog from an ad in the LA Times, this man sells sick pups. e-mail me and I will be happy to give you his name, if you tell the truth about someone, they cannot sue.
milliecorrales is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!