View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #14
EmrldShdwQueen
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
Talk to reputable show breeders...I promise you they don't make much money, if any at all. In fact, some of them probably spend more money than they make. Breeding is expensive. Buying a quality female and male is very expensive, doing all the necessary health screening is very expensive, showing fees are very expensive, vet care & possiblity of c-sections. If breeders are breeding for the right reasons and are reputable breeders, they don't make enough money for that to be the reason they stay in it. Sure, it's easy to make money if you just buy two dogs, do no health testing, don't show, and then breed them together.... but those that do it the right way don't make money.
I can tell you right now that breeders make next to NOTHING for what they put into it. I don't even want to THINK about how much I'm in the hole at this point when it comes to breeding. I'm just starting out, but I guarantee you that it will take me several years to even just get back what I put into them, let alone make a profit. That is NOT why I do this....if it were for the money I would have quite a looonnnnggg time ago.
EmrldShdwQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!