View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
AmyChristine
YT 1000 Club Member

I agree with you completely, however when there is a desire for a certain type of dog there will always be someone out there to meet that need. Extra tiny, really light colored, really dark, we could go on and on about the different traits some people desire that are not written into the standard. For instance the person I got my baby from loves yorkies so much and is a really great person she obviously put out alot of money and care into her dogs and making sure they had the best life possible. This being said she breeds dogs with ideal structure, health, temperament, but she likes them darker in color and that means soft coats and incorrect colors. She pick the dogs specifically to get this look.

I love Copper and love his dark color but since I have learned so much from yorkie talk, I am choosing a breeder the second time around that only breeds to perfect the Yorkshire Terrier breed, I think that is all I can really do,
Support what you feel is right and stand up for what you feel matters. If you only support people doing this.And educate new owners and potential owners as to why it is important then hopefully the outcome will be more yorkies that look and act like they should. If more people only wanted a yorkie that meets standard, more breeders would breed only to AKC standard, they have to fill the needs of the purchaser.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!