View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobird2 View Post
I've had IBS for at least 15 years and have had some attacks that put me in bed all day so I can sympathize with you.
The doctor originally thought it was hormonal as the attacks came more often during certain times of the cycle. Once in menopause, the types of attacks changed and different types of medication helped but now the best one I used was taken off the market, Zelnorm.
Fiber therapy did not help at all. I drank that awful stuff for years, hoping it would make a difference at some point.
Regular exercise, yoga especially for relaxation, and lots of water seem to help.
wishing you the best in learning to live with it...
maybe that is my problem, i haven't been drinking as much water as I usually do. you would think that being pregnant, i would be drinking more. but I lost my beloved water bottle that i carry around everywhere with me, and it just seems so hard to remember to take water with me. When I am at home, I drink it more...but i have not been home much lately I ordered 3 new water bottles like the one I lost, so hopefully I will get back to my old habits. I am curious to know if drinking more water helps relieve that pains
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!