Thread: fussy girl
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
SONYSW
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have fussy eater too. The key is not to give her too many taste or option in food. She is now 1.5 yo and still going to that rhythm of not eating if I change her food or introduce to new treats or foods.

Find the kibbles that she likes and stay with it. You can mix with wet/can food of your choice or cooked chicken breast. Stay with 2 options for a while. She is 5 months so the chances that she will get hypoglycemia is small. If she is not eating in the morning give her some nutrical. Introduce the same food again in the evening. If she is not eating, that is fine. She eventually will. You can also try to play with her kibbles or boiled chicken ( make it as a treat for her)

She is actually testing you and the more option you gives the more finicky she will be. Stick with 2-3 foods (including treat). I will start with the one she likes and keep it that way. If she eats well you can introduce her to new food once a week so she won't get bored. I sometimes have to do the same....back to 2-3 same foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
My little Blossom (5 mos. old) is a fussy eater to be more exact. I'm lucky if I can get 1/4 cup of Royal Canin in her each day. Is that enough? She just stopped eating the food one day so I started to put things in it to be tastier like a little ground up cooked chicken breast or a little baby food. Now she just at times refuses to eat and sometimes skips eating until I put out fresh food at the next meal. Then she'll eat because she's starving. I have run out of foods to add to make it tastier. At some meals I even sprinkle parmesan cheese on it and she sometimes eats it. Could someone let me know what else I can doctor the food up with or what I could do to make her a better eater?

I feel like a bad mommy because I started to put add-ins in her meals a while ago but I didn't know what else to do at the time.

Can anyone suggest anything to get her to eat better?
SONYSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!