View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 06:56 AM   #4
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

The ex-pen is a good idea. I would also suggest puppy school. Find one that allows family members/children to participate. Kindergarten teaches about potty training and also teaches about responsibility. It is amazing what kids will accept from a stranger that they won't from you. Finally, you need to be really consistent and create successes. It is nearly impossible to do that unless all of the family is participating 100%. You might also consider taking a week off work to devote to nothing else but potty training, or, sending baby out to a board and train facility for a few weeks to focus on the potty training. I know I was getting really frustrated with Holly, then realized I had been giving her house privileges when she had not yet earned them. I let her play in the living room without supervising her every second. The second I looked away she did her thing on the carpet, the sofa, or wherever else she pleased. I put my foot down and really focused on the potty training, only letting her out of her pen to play after she eliminated on her pee pad, and only when I could devote 100% of my attention to her. After about a week, she is really getting the hang of it. Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!