View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #13
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I highly doubt Lacy was tested for anything before leaving her breeder. She was bought for me by my best friend. I decided to look back at the "contract" that came with her and saw there was only a 48 hour health guarantee LOL I don't think I have looked at that piece of paper since I got her. I feel very fortunate that she hasn't had any serious health problems, not to say she could develop one in the future...she does have LP in both her legs..with her right leg being the worst..but it hasn't bothered her yet.

Anyway...back to LS testing... When I buy my next yorkie I want the breeder I buy from to have tested all her dogs for LS to make sure they are clear before breeding. I'm not sure at this time if I will insist that the puppy I buy be bile acid tested or not before I bring it home...I'm thinking that I will probably want it to be though. In any case, I would definitely have a full blood workup done and bile acid testing done before my puppy is spayed.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!