View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
~Yorkie~Mommy~
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Ok let me explain a little.......My mother is a daughter of 6 sister and 1 brother (8 in all) and in 2006 my grandmother died (my grandfather died a few years before her) Anyway it was all understood that when my grandmother would pass that the money was suppose to be split evenly between her 8 kids. Most of the money was under my uncle because he was the only boy and in my honest opinion (and even the family would say so to) he was my grandmother's favorite and another small amount was under the youngest. Ok so when my grandmother passed after a short period my aunt (the youngest) called a meeting and distributed what was in the bank account showing statements and everything and handing out everyone's share. Well my uncle at the time gave some reason on why he was going to distibute the money at a later time but I can't remember....Anyway as time passed and passed AND PASSED The 7 girls was waiting for their share of the money that was rightfully theirs.......So one day he took it amongs his self to KEEP ALL THE MONEY So the 7 daughters got a lawyer to sue to get their share and he got a lawyer as well and he has gone to the point where he was sueing one of his sister's individually So he is saying that my grandmother said that he can keep all the money before she had died but no one knows if that is true. My grandmother made no living will and the only thing she could do was count money she could not read or write. Can he get away with this?? His name was the only one on the accounts though but if everyone would of known that my uncle was going to be a jack*ss they would of made sure their names would of been on it too and NOW this!! He is trying to sue again because he is saying that he took care of my grandmother for 3 years but we are a VERY VERY CLOSE family and all sisters (well besides one or two) all did there part by taken turns on the weekends and get my grandmother since she couldn't stay at home along since my grandfather had died but the only reason why she was living with my uncle was a few years was because he was single he didn't have anyone and most of the other girls had husbands (and you know how they can be) but she did stay with one of my aunts and her husband for 2 years and she lived with my mother and dad for 6 months...but even when she was living with someon all the siblings would take turns on the weekends to go pick up my grandmother just to give that sibling a break or alone time which most of them didn't mind because that was THEIR MOTHER for pete's sake....but now its a whole ball of fire with lawsuits in the air....Sorry to rant off PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS!!!!

Last edited by ~Yorkie~Mommy~; 01-19-2008 at 03:55 PM.
~Yorkie~Mommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!