View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
diggy4
Bella Boo & Diggy Too!
Donating GS Member

Love

When Diggy was 8 weeks old he showed every sign of a liver shunt possible. Down to full blown seizures He had Bile acid test at 10 weeks and was diagnosed with Hypo. I later found out that if it is just hypo, Kayro or Nutrical will help almost instantly. Another difference in Hypo and Liver issue is with hypo symptoms normally occur hours (like 3-4) after eating when they have burned off all sugar and it starts to drop. Liver issue symptoms normally occur within an hour of eating foods with protein (meat, kibble, etc.) I had to set alarm and hand feed him every 2-3 hours. This is just my experiance and what I have read on here and was told by the multiple vets that treated Diggy. Hypo is normally outgrown by the age of 5-6 months and that is when many liver issues begin to surface. Im so sorry your going thru this and the only advice I have is begin feeding her foods low in protein until she gets into the vet for bile acid test. It cannot hurt her and if she does have a liver issue this may help her be less symptomatic. Good Luck and please let us know what you find out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!