View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
LuvnmyYorkie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I am so sorry you and your baby are going through all this. Is it possible it could be scabbies? Scabbies is a skin infection that is caused by a type of mite. It is very contagious. I know my daughter-in-law and granddaughter got them one time from their cat. I just don't know if dogs can carry them. They would have to do a skin scrapping to see if that is what it is. Are they little bites or big whelps? I know you can get chiggers in this area if you walk out in tall grass. They are so irritating because you can't see them and don't know you have them until it is too late. I would recommend getting her off the Royal Canin and get her on a food without corn in it. I recommend Canidae, Solid Gold, or Chicken Soup Puppy food. Please let us know what you find out.

I'm not an expert on bugs and things she probably has since you are getting bit too, but it is a good idea to take her off the Royal Canine. I just got my Yorkie and noticed he rubs alll over the couches and floor and anything else he can rub on because he is itchy. The Royal Canine can cause dry skin, so I am switching to Canidae which is about half the price and a lot of people on this board have had great success with it for the Royal Canine dry skin thing.

But def. take her in to the vet, because she obviously has some sort of bug (scabbies sounds pretty close to what it is)!
LuvnmyYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!