View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 03:12 AM   #14
stingrhea
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
You said in another post that he broke his leg at Christmas and you weren't able to afford to have a plate put in as your vet suggested, so he only has a cast on his leg.

His leg couldn't possibly be healed in just three weeks. That could explain why he doesn't want to play.

Since he doesn't have a plate holding his leg together, didn't your vet tell you to restrict his activity to give his leg a chance to heal? I'm concerned that you say he chase the cats and twirls around.

I'm sure once his leg is healed and he settles in a bit, he'll probably start to play more. Right now, though, you need to make sure he stays quiet enough to give his leg a chance to heal so you aren't forced to do that expensive surgery.
Yes, he starts to play like that and I stop him. But he holds it up most of the time while doing the running, twirling thing. When I see him start to put pressure on it, I stop him. Actually, since I posted this thread, he played more with toys yesterday than in all his days here total! He picked up the pink pig and played and another cat toy, a sisal wrapped fish, and carried that round too. I guess he has just been in too much pain and too drowsy from the pain meds to feel much like playing, thank you all for your posts and thoughts on this thread!
~Melody
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!