View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 08:38 AM   #73
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalyorkiLvr
Bottom line is I would pay the same price for a mixed breed as I would for a purebred because one is no more valuable than the other to me.
I agree. I paid $1,000 for Codie and $1,200 for Katie (they gave me a HUGE discount on Katie because I was buying 2 dogs from them - she was originally $3,500). However, if I fell in love with ANY dog of ANY breed, I would spend whatever is necessary to buy that dog. If they were going to charge me the full price of $3,500 for Katie, then I would have paid it. I fell in love with Katie the minute I saw her and it was the same with Codie. I know a lot of people are not keen on mixed breeds, but I happen to like Maltepoos (Maltese/Poodle mix). If I was ever going to purchase a Maltepoo, I would be willing to spend whatever is necessary to find the perfect one for my family.

I don't believe purebreeds are "superior" to mixeds breeds. To me, a dog of ANY breed or mix is a FAMILY COMPANION and should be treated equally. It would be wrong of me NOT to buy a dog because it "isn't worth $500 because it's a mixed breed." I could never put a price on my dogs because to me they are priceless.

Last edited by JCarlson2004; 08-02-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!