View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiesgotaluvm View Post
I'm currently feeding EVO the red meat one with no grains, Dry small bites.

Before that they were on the NV dry Lamb and oatmeal, I did let her try that again to see if she would eat it but she didn't want that either. When I switched them over, they never finished the NV they kept picking the EVO out and leaving the NV so, I just quit giving the NV to them. It was a easy switch for them. No diarrhea or anything.

The younger one did eat a little out of her bowl this morning. I mixed a little tuna with the NV raw (chicken) but she only ate the tuna. She spit out the NV when she got it in her mouth. She had a nice little pile of NV left when she was done. I thought I had it mixed up pretty well. I guess not well enough. I only gave her one NV nugget (1oz) and about 1oz. of tuna mixed together.

So, tonight I'll offer her the dry again.
They're very smart little yorkie girls! Maybe try cottage cheese or yogurt-maybe that will be harder for them to pick the dry food out of. Or, maybe you could mix them together-mix the dry food with some water, and let sit for an hour or so. Stir in a little cottage cheese or yogurt, and see if they'll eat that. If they will, next time add less water, and keep offering...they may just not be used to the taste yet. Just an idea-thought it might help you outsmart them Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!