View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #42
mizzwanned
Donating YT 11K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celstu1 View Post
Ladies ladies, renting is NOT pointless. When first moving out on your own. Its hard enough to learn how to take care of your basic needs. Learning to pay your own bills competely, balancing your budget, cooking, laundry, ironing, just learning how to live. Now throw in the water heater flooded the house, I have no water, the fridge broke, raking, shoveling all the snow, new roof on the house, cleaning gutters cuz you have a leak, fixing the ceiling from the leak... etc etc... the list goes on FOREVER of things you gotta always be on top of when you own. But when you rent those things are taken care of with ONE phone call to the landlord. Renting is NOT pointless. You just end up paying for those services. (which sometimes its cheaper than if you had to do repairs on a house).

Im not saying NEVER own... definately DO own... I own my own townhouse. I love it, but living in an apt definately taught me a LOT about how to handle being on my own, before I took on MORE responsibility of OWNING!

That is true. It's just the way i see it i guess because i live in NY and omg an apt. here with only one room is like $2,000 a month i swear, now that is pointless! My friend that was living in my building paid almost that and she only had one bedroom. My mom doesn't even pay half that cause she has rent control but if i went out looking for an apt. i know 2000 will be what i will have to pay for no space, so i just think like a condo or something is more reasonable. But i agree renting your first apt. teaches you a lot.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!