View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

Hi again! Welcome back to YT! Your name is escaping me at the moment, but I do remember Bridget (and Brandy's name too!) from the meetup!

I agree with the poster above that some dogs just don't like raw-maybe try topping her food with some cottage cheese or some plain or vanilal yogurt (nothing with fake sugar). Or, you could boil a chicken breast in water, and when it's done, shred it up and mix it in with her food.

You might also try feeding them on a schedule-not sure if you're doing that or not right now. My two get fed at 6 and 6, plus a snack around 9 pm, and some treats here and there. My vet told me to do this when we had trouble getting Emma to eat (believe it or not! )...Put food down, and leave the bowl for 10-15 minutes. Whatever she eats, pick up the bowl. Don't put it down again until the next feeding time. They will learn to eat when the food is down.

Another tip-feed them both in the same spot in your house, each on the same side, from the same bowl every time. I have two dishes for them-Milli's is blue and Emma's is yellow. Milli eats on the left, Emma on the right. They know not to touch each other's food (I sat with them while they ate, and kept them from eating each others food for the first couple weeks we had Milli.)

Try a combination of these things, and she should eat somthing-if not, you may want to take her to the vet for a check up, just to make sure she's not sick.

Also, I feed home-prepared food-and use raw meat. I know the raw commercial food is more convenient, but homecooking isn't difficult, and you can make a big batch to freeze and take out just a little every 2 days. If you'd like some help getting started with this, please let me know-I'm happy to help!

Let us know how it's going!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!