View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
rentfrog
YT Addict

Default How long does it take...

for a yorkies hair to grow out?
As some of you know, I got Preston from a breeder rescue on Nov. 24th.
He was born on 7/19/07. That makes him 3 days short of 6 months. I am assuming that he had been groomed at some point before we got him, because it was obvious in some places that his hair had been trimmed.
I do have the name and phone number of the breeder, but have been unsuccessful in my attempts to contact her, so other than vet records, shot records, and his registration papers with his parents names, I have little information.
This rescue takes in dogs that breeders can not sell for various reasons. With Preston, he was a bit too large for the standards. At almost six months, he already weighs 8.8 lbs.
We have had him groomed once, they trimmed his legs, belly and then the top of his nose and eyebrows.
I am just wondering how long it will take for the hair to grow out long enough to get a top not.
I have read some information on coats, and his kind of seems to be a combination. The hair on the top of his head is very soft and silky, the hair on his back seems to be a bit more coarse, but he does seem to have shorter hair in with the long that seems a bit fuzzy.
Sorry I tend to ramble on.
Any guesstimates?
rentfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!