View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
Ponyup
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Yeah Yorkies are smart! Loki did what Logan did too. I was sick of chasing him so I just taught him "crate" and now I can say it from anywhere in the house he will BOLT to his crate and sit and wait for his treat there. You do have to outsmart them and it's not easy!

Smiggy it sounds like you have a smart one. My Loki is super smart. Sammy is slow but sweet and generally well behaved so it's OK that she took months to learn sit. Loki knows hundreds of words and even sentences. It's good to focus that We did tons of classes.
You're right Logan is super smart, but he has one weakness, milkbones, he just can't resist no matter how bad he wants to.

Logan also does better when we speak in full sentence rather then commands. He knows Logan are you ready for bed & he runs & jumps on our bed, my hubby gives him his nighttime treat, picks him up, gives him to me for my goodnight kiss & then off to his bed. If we alter the routine he gets upset. He doesn't really know stay, but he does know stay in the house. Sometimes I swear he's a person & one word commands are beneath him or something.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!