View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
labrown
T&T-DYNOMITE!
Donating Member

Default Nature's Variety Instinct & Medallions

Hello All!

A few months ago we switched the pups to Nature's Variety Instinct dry food, and we are very happy with the switch. I have done a lot of research on the brand and am happy with what I am feeding my dogs. But I have learned that it is perfectly ok to alter their diet within the NV brand, so we have some of the canned Instinct food (which they love, what dog doesn't love wet food?) and today I bought a bag of the NV frozen medallions. So my question to those who have been feeding the medallions is this: how do you prepare the food? Do you put it in water? Microwave it? Let them lick at it 'til it thaws? I'm just curious how all of you feed the medallions to your pups. Our dogs are both right around 4 lbs, so they get either 1/8 cup of dry food, 1/3 a can of wet food, or 1 medallion per meal, as per the suggested servings on the NV website. How many medallions do you all feed if that is the only food they get that day (in comparison to the size of the pup, if you please)?

I am so happy with this brand of food. My fat little pup has lost the extra fat, and my lean little guy has put on some muscle, and they are both eathing the same thing. That's the sign of a good food, if you ask me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!