View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 06:13 AM   #5
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

If you know her bowel movement schedule and you know that she does it at certain times of the day, I would not keep her in the playpen that long. I would let her go pee and praise her for that and let her out of the playpen. I would continue to watch her like a hawk and keep her confined in the room that you are in, but free to play (as long as you are watching her). When it gets to be the time for her to go poo, put her back in the playpen and give her the command to go poo (you pick the command you want to use) and wait until she goes, hopefully it will be soon and praise her when she does and take her out of the playpen.

Most dogs need the "poo" smell to stimulate them to go poo. So I would make sure that the newspaper has a little bit of poo smeared on it. In this way she can smell it and start her bowels moving. It she does not go after about 15 minutes, I would take her out of the playpen and continue to watch her and put her back in the pen every 10-15minutes until she actually goes.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!