View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 05:29 AM   #10
altigger74
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallTx1203 View Post
We have a wooden fenced in back yard...The builder had it installed when they built our house.....

The fence is perfectly straight but of course, the ground is not....We are planning on having a yard put in in the spring....My question, What can we use or what do you use to keep the little ones safe in the yard so that they can not make any escapes....Some parts of the yard are even with the fence but there are places that they could just walk under with no effort....

I was thinking like maybe concrete landscape border pieces like you use on a flower bed or maybe even bricks...But hubby thought brick ....A neighbor suggested landscape timbers??? not too sure about that....

I would want to keep the border even when the yard is put in- just for safety....

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Joyce

What I did for the fences I have, one for the labs(they DIG up everything!) and one for the yorkies. I have chainlink fencing but this will work for any type of metal fencing, I get long metal tent stakes and hammer them into the ground every few feet along the fence. It holds the fence down and they by the time they are able to dig far enough down to get past the tent stakes you will have found it and fix it. I've used tent stakes for the past ten years and so far so good.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!