View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 01:09 AM   #2
CIPCB7
Senior Yorkie Talker

hi, i got cody about the same time you got your baby and I have to tell you that he doesnt poop 15 minutes after every meal. He pees about every 2 hours and poops like 1-2 times a day.Maybe someone here with more experience can help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLuLaGee View Post
HI!

Please help me! Zapphire is 12 weeks old and I just got her 1.5 weeks ago.

1.) On day one, I tried taking her outside after her meals but I felt threatened by our 2 big dogs who roam freely outdoors when they started approaching us.

2.) On day 2, I then took her to my bathroom after her meals and waited and waited and waited. I try to go in and check on her once in a while in between her cryings and it takes her 3 hours to finally poo.

3.) After one week, upon the suggestion of my vet, I put her in a playpen after every meal with her toys (w/c she doesn't play with when she's inside), water and blanket. Her bed is on one side of the playpen and newspapers on a tray on the other. I notice that she automatically knows how to do her "business" on the newspaper side and of course lavishly praise her for it (no treats yet coz i dont know what is suitable for her size). But it still takes her 3 or more hours to poo! So while I wait for her to "get busy" she cries non-stop wanting to come out. And i feel like am such a bad mother for ignoring her crying!!!

Am I doing the right thing by not letting her out even when she cries her lungs out until she finally poos? And why does it take her sooooo long to poo? The breeder said that she should be ready to poo 15 minutes after every meal, is this true???
CIPCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!