View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #1
donna
Yorkie Yakker

Default Bubbles fell asleep yesterday

How I wish I had found this forum a few months ago when I needed to talk to like minded Yorkie lovers about my baby Bubbles.

Bubbles was 6 years old and died yesterday. Before I had him I was terrified of dogs because I was nipped by one as a youngster. But watching him grow, playing with him and nursing him made me fall in love with him and it took away my terror. Now I am such a dog lover - he taught me so much.

Bubbles lost sight in one eye December 2003 and after a number of tests it was found that he had Hepatic MVD. We thought it was the end for him, but thanks to our amazing vet we stabled his condition with the aid of little medication, special food and love.

We never sure whether the MVD had lost him his sight in his right eye, or if he had a brain nodule too. Since there was little to be done for any brain problem we didn't have any scans and instead just lived and enjoyed him.

Occasionally we ran into a few problems - he got bladder stones in October and because of his MVD having anesthetic was never good for him. But he was a strong little thing and bounced back from everything that tried to knock him down.

On Wednesday Bubbles had a siezure, another on Thursday and then by mid day yesterday they were almost permanent. Our vet tried more medication and other sorts of things but it was time to let Bubbles go. We suspect he did have a brain tumour.

We were all able to be with him and I held him in my arms as he fell to sleep. It was peaceful and it was right for us and our baby.

The last year, although he was sick he was so happy, and I was out of work for much of this time we formed an incredible bond as I nursed him. I truly love him and I wish we had him for longer than 6 years, but they were 6 happy years and I am grateful for being blessed with such an amazing little boy. I never knew unconditional love before he came into my life.

I hope to hang around this forum and talk to other Yorkie Mums. Even though my baby is no longer here, I'm still a Mum.

Donna x
donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!