View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
jazzygirl
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by battyboop View Post
In the next 6 months to a year I would like to get a little baby doll faced female yorkie to be the little sister to my Momoko and Mochi. I really want a little girl with the cute round babydoll/teddy bear face. Just want to get an idea of what's out there and what breeders are trusted/good for that type of yorkie.
I'd prefer a dog 6-3 pounds from a reputable breeder, nothing too extremely tiny.
You might want to reconsider a dog from 3-6 lbs. If you do not want a tiny dog--then you may want to consider a different breed of dog.
I have 2 Yorkie babies, one is almost 7 lbs and the other is 3 lbs., 4 oz. Both are full grown dogs. Both are adorable and both are such BFF, they should be joined at the hips! :-) However, there is a big, big difference between a Yorkie that is 6+ lbs and one that is just over 3 lbs. Both are very small dogs but my little one is so much more needy and a baby than my 6+ lb Yorkie. For instance, my bigger Yorkie does not need pet steps to get on a piece of furniture. My little one could not get anywhere without her pet steps. My bigger Yorkie can go out without a sweater for just a quick pee-pee run. Not my little one. She needs a sweater or coat once the temps get below the
50's. And the list could go on.
I have 3 dogs: a 12.5 lb Shih Tzu; a 6.5 lb Yorkie and a 3 lb., 4 oz Yorkie. They are all my babies and I love them to death. BUT there is differnce between a couple of pounds with a small dog. They are so small that a lb or even a half of pound matters a great deal.
jazzygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!