View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
MommysBabyRoxy
YT Addict

Default Poor Roxy's Ears!!! Remedies??

A few weeks ago poor Lil Ms. Roxy was up all night with her ears... She was scratching them all night, Roxy is usually playful and cheerful and independent as long as she knows Mommy & Daddy is around...
But just like a little kid, when she was sick Mommy was all she wanted! She stayed by my side, even sleeping by my head so that I could rub her ears for her...
I cried all night while she slept in and out while I stayed up rubbing her ears for her so she didnt have to...
Roxy is better now, at least her ear pain, I took her to the vet the next day and I paid 120 for some flush, q-tips, & antibiotic wash, and emergency visit. It was well worth it as long as she got better... thats all I cared about, and 4 days later she was back to normal, no twitching...
BUT...
Now heres my new problem... From messing with her ears so much & all that cleaning, she has a lot of dryness behind her ears and around her neck... It is making it itchy for her... Its not red at all, just basically dry and flaky...
I have been giving her olive oil & occassionally putting vasoline on the back of her ears...
Does anybody have a remedy or have had this problem and found a way to solve it....
I have looked it up a few times on Google and found some stuff, I just wanted to know if anybody on here had some personal experience with this & solved it...
Thanks ahead of time!
Jenny & Roxy!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!