View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
YorkieShadow
BANNED!

Default Need help with fading pup

Well the lady with the pups called me this morning, The two the breeder is caring for is doing good, fat and healthy, She has another momma dog she can put them on when needed, The two the lady is caring for is going down hill, skinny . She woke up this morning to one fading pup cold and stiff mouth open, she tried to feed him, I told her she should never feed a cold pup, she needs to warm him first . well shes bring them both to me in hopes that I can bring the male around, But Im so afraid its to late, I told her Id do what I can but sense she already forced him to eat and he was cold it could of got in his lungs and if it did he could have or get pneumonia, I aske dif he was dehydrated but she didnt know I told her how to lift the skin on the back of his neck to check. I really dont think shes feeding them as often as they need, theres a big difference in the ones the breeders caring for and the ones shes caring for. Her best choice would be to trade off on the pups putting the weaker ones with The breeder and her taking on the stronger bigger ones. I told her to put a little karo syrup on their tongues or feed a little sugar water if they are warm. She didnt even know to burp the babys, so I guess Im gonna try and take them in and see if I can help. Is there any thing else I can do to help these pups?
YorkieShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!