View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
ReconsMomma
BANNED!

Default Tasty treat at dinner time my dogs love....

I always feel bad when i sit down to dinner and the dogs are all looking at me as I eat a nice juicy steak or whatever I eat. They absolutely love veggies so I have been making them dinner every sunday also. Sunday is really the only day that I have a really good sit down at the table and eat kind of dinner and it usually includes my dad and grandma.

Anyway, I take a large bag of carrots and peel them. Then I put them in a stoneware dish with a lid. Ad a can of low fat low sodium chicken broth and some water and bake them til soft. Then i mash them up and everyone gets their share.

Sometimes I also cook up some chicken breast and wild rice and mix it in but Recon and Preslee have been picking out the carrot and just eating that.

Just wanted to share since my dogs love thier sunday dinner so much.

I also dont give my dogs greenies anymore because I was finding way to many large chunks that weren't chewed up enough when I picked up poo in the yard. Instead I give them peeled whole carrots. I put them in the fridge for a few days so they are really nice and cold and then peel them and cut the icky ends off and give them to the dogs. When I bust out the bag of carrots I have a very attentive audience of 3 waiting patiently for thier treat. I have never noticed any issues with them not chewing the carrots up enough as of yet. Preslee seems to really love the carrot the most. I think its because the cool feels good on her puppy teeth.

ReconsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!