View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #3
J249
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
If you didn't hurt her or cut her then I would say you just scared her. Try letting her hear the clippers run close by so she gets used to them before you use them on her. Did you try to shave them by yourself? Do you have someone to hold her while you shave her ears? The regular dog clippers are o.k. to use but I recently found a palm sized WAHL clipper that's silver...it fits in the palm of your hand and it's quiet. I've found it to work better than the big clippers, I feel like I have more control and it shaves the hair closer. Just be careful around the edges of the ear...I only shave the front and back (being careful at the little flap on the side too) and I use a round tip pair of scissors to trim the edges. Keep your fingers on the ear with your fingernail at the edge of the ear so you know where it is...also...if the hair is wet on the edge when you trim you'll be able to see it better.
Thank you. I am almost positive I did not hurt her. I think it was the noise of the clippers. They buzz a little too loud. I am returning them and will purchase a WAHL as you mentioned. And thank you for all the helpful tips on clipping her ears. I appreciate you responding.

Thanks again
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!