View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 06:12 AM   #3
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLeanne27x View Post
I've had my new baby boy Ronnie for 3 days now and on the 1st night he was great but the last two have been a nightmare, i've hardly had any sleep because he constantly barks all night. I leave him in the kitchen with a night light beside his bed and a t-shirt smelling of me beside him. Hes got food, water and lots of toys but the minute i leave him to go to sleep he barks all night and i dont know what else to do. I want to start as i mean to go and not run to him every time he whimpers as i dont want him to get use to that but on the other hand i dont want him upset in the kitchen on his own. I leave the radio on quietly so he thinks people are around but he knows its not me. I had him on my bed yesterday afternoon whilst i was trying to catch up on some sleep and he was an angel, he even went to sleep with me but thats something else i dont want him use to, maybe once hes potty trained but not now as i have a new cream carpet in my bedroom! I love him to bits and dont want to have to sell him on because he barks too much but on the other hand i cant go on with no sleep every night and my neighbours will go mad if it continues. Will he get out of it, if i ignore him? Any other idea's are really welcome xx
well you've actually found the answer yourself... he needs to be near you... he just came from sleepign with a pack... his siblings and his mom.. and now he is alone and probably a bit cold withouth all the heat... my suggestion would be to put him in a crate (with pillows or towles stuffed in the back so all you are leaving him is a very small area---- until he is potty trained) and put his crate on a table or something next to your bed so he can see you... that is where Layla has been since day one and is still there... she LOVES her crate.... this should really stop his barking.. you saw it work when you napped together. he just wants to be around you
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!