View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #9
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Since I am going to assume (I know bad on my part) that you are going to breed the Biewer or the Parti I don't think you are ready to get either dog until you fully understand both of their history. There is tons of information out on the internet on these dogs and I would not just get your information here. You need to be fully aware of the history, the lineage and the health issues that surround these dogs. When a new breed/color variation is first introduced you need to understand these dogs are very line/inline bred and you must understand who you can breed them to down the road as there is not a large gene pool on either breed/color variation. Each of these dogs have pro's/con's and it is not just based on how beautiful these dogs are. I don't have a clue how many Parti's are in the US but I am guessing there might only be a little over 300 Biewers here in the US and most of all of them are related only 3 generations back. Genetics will play a large role in your breeding program and you will have to be prepared to go long distances to find someone to breed with that does not have the same lineage.

I cannot speak about the Parti but from a Biewer standpoint to many people are breeding these dogs without understanding how to read a pedigree and realizing how closely related many of these dogs are. They are not like a Yorkie with a much larger gene pool.

I wish you luck but please go into this fully armed with all the information you can find.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!