View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 06:16 AM   #11
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalyorkiLvr
Admin~

In researching some of the controversial topics that come up on her quite frequestly, I have discovered that many dog forums have a specail part of the forum to go to for debating an issue. If a topic is posted in another area and becomes a debate admin simply advses that it is being moved to debate and moves it. Or, if a member knows the topic will be controversial, they would start the thread in debate. There are of course still rules about ivility, name calling and defamation or libel but the members who do not care to debate can steer clear of it but those truly interested in all the different viewpoints and the evidence to back it up can check it out.

I know I tend to be involved in some of the controversial threads which become debates because I try to look at all sides and thoroughly research a topic before committing an opinion one way or another...I am not swayed by "popular opinion" and some people really appreciate that. I think it would be beneficial to YT and make it more free and open to different views.

I know this isn't a debate forum, but there are some topics which are debated over and over again and good info is learned from those in my opinion.

A plus is that the viewers go up when there is an interesting debate going on.

Wanted to see what others think.
Meant in a NICE way - I've often wondered why you haven't started your own debate forum - I think you'd be awesome on one.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!