View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 09:05 PM   #3
KK'sMom
Yorkie Talker

Red face Dealing With Loss and Grief

We have over the years had to put down Angel, my first poodle, Beau, a beautiful Doberman and Roc, our last doberman. We went to sleep crying and woke up crying over these precious pets that gave us so much love and devotion.........unconditional love.
On November 18, 2004, my 8yr. old Yorkie, Katie, was missing when my husband got home from work. We posted flyers all over town, looked for her, ads in the paper, etc. In one way it was worse not knowing what happened to her vs. sitting at the vet and holding a sick one and letting them slip away to a better place. We found out 4 Yorkies and 2 Bichons were stolen in our area in the month prior to Christmas. I have to believe that someone bought her and she is sleeping with some little child who loves her. People said cruel things to me like, "well you know she could have been taken by a chicken hawk or the coyotes could have gotten her". My heart was broken. The mental pictures were too horrible to think. I was depressed for weeks and my husband and I cried with each other. I started looking for a new baby. Not to "replace" Katie, but to fill the "Yorkie" hole in my heart. I can't imagine life without a yorkie now. Katie was such a doll baby and my first yorkie. I am supposed to get my new baby in a couple of days and she will make her own special place in my heart next to Katies. People ask me why we keep getting new pets after the loss of a loved one. I say, if you have to ask, I can't explain it. If you understand why, you don't ask me, you know.
They give so much love and ease the grief. Our lab has been there for us through the deaths of both our dobermans and Katies loss. It's as if she mourns too and knows. She looks at us as if to say, "I'm still here and I love you". I know one day she will go to Rainbow Bridge but there will be other babies there to ease the pain and give that unconditional love you can't get from any human.
KK'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!