View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

It's not normal - as your gut tells you - so I'm glad you're continuing to go w/ your gut and find an answer. And, YEP, I have experience with this issue, just a different cause probably. You are supplementing w/ calcium, right? Bc that's a must when homecooking. Also, there aren't any suspected liver concerns etc.?

I will give you the advice that I was given after $100s at the vet; I finally consulted an animal nutritionist after months of mush/mucous/bloody stools. The system must rest and the best diet (meaning, most hypoallergenic) is whitefish (tilapia, cod, sole etc), mashed white potatoes, steamed/pureed green beans. That's it. Nothing else in terms of food until she settles. You could supp. w/ calcium, digestive enzymes, and probiotics - but NO oils. You could also give pinch of Benefiber.

This isn't a long term diet bc she'll need variety and fat - but this will let her system rest and heal while resting. Then, you start adding things in SLOWly. If you want to contact the nutritionist I used, let me know. She cost me $75 for 1 hour on the phone - and it was the best $ I ever spent on Marcel.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!