View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
CSRE
Senior Yorkie Talker

Sad Stoll help, please

Ok, so here is the thing. We have an 18 week old baby girl and I home cook for her.

Her stools have never been solid, they are not runny either but are kind of pudding contexture if you smash them a little, they do have their normal form and mold in circle one over the other (sorry to be so graphic but I want you to get the idea). Its is definitely not diarrhea and there is no mucus or anything strange in it, but they are just not firm.

She is in great health, she was tested for worms (including coccidia and giardia)and results came neg. The vet says she is fine and that it is normal cause she is a puppy and she also has the bad habit of picking up everything on her way, we are very careful but yet she is all day liking the floor, walls, her sisters (our cocker) paws, and what ever she sees.
Her diet now is yogurt with cheese for breakfast, meat with smashed potatoes and carrot. I used to give her chicken for dinner but now I am sticking with plain beef cause I was afraid it could be the chicken upsetting her tummy. Besides the loose stool she is fine, she is a very happy girl and is full with energy as a normal yorkie baby.

So, I already went to two different vets (there are only 5 in the little island where I live) and they both think its normal and that I am overreacting, but that is what doctors always say right? I guess they all become a bit insensitive over the time… Also, down here we are centuries behind, so they also agree it could be the “peoples food” I am giving to her, their advice has been to go back to kibble and buy some premium brand like royal canine or eukanuba (I know, its terrible)… Miel (the cocker) is free feed with wellness and canidae (I switch them) so Pulga (yorkie) eats like 10 pieces a day that she steels from her sisters bowl. Just for the record none of these brands are sold here, I have to buy them on the internet and get them shipped here, I’ve thought about getting one for pulga but I enjoy the homecooking and I felt it was the best for her. I love to pamper her and I want her to be as healthy as is can get.

Raw is not an option cause food here doesn’t have a good quality control so I wont take chances with bacteria, besides I think I am feeding her pretty healthy, aint I? I was thinking on adding some scrambled eggs, other kinds of meat, etc. but I am afraid I could make it worse…

So, basically what I wanted to know is if any of you are experiencing (or have experienced) something similar, is it normal? Is there something I can do? Any advice?

Sorry for the long post, I will really appreciate any input cause I am going mad here.

Thanks in advance!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!