View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 019 A couple of updates!

Franklin has settled in and he's doing well. He's VERY well behaved and has only had a couple of accidents, most of which were my fault for not paying attention. Otherwise, potty training so far has been a success! He cries a little at night, but after about 5 minutes, he goes right to sleep. He also doesn't whine much when I let him fall asleep in my lap first. I don't know if I'm starting bad habits but he's just too adorable not to cuddle! He doesn't really enjoy being in his play pen, but I can't just let him roam loose ALL the time. Hopefully he'll grow to like it.

Unfortunately, the breeder, who I thought was very responsible and good, has turned out not to be so good. After a visit to the vet, we found out that he has tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms, and coccidia. I know, right? Poor guy. However, he is in otherwise good condition.. active and healthy. Once he passes all the worms, I'll breathe a little better. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get him better.

I'll be contacting the breeder tomorrow and sending her the bill for the vet. I'm too attached at this point to return him, but I'm definitely going to fight this. I thought I had done so much research and made such a good decision. Guess not.

It's unfortunate that there are breeders like this out there, but thank heavens for YTers. Where would the Yorkie population be without such loving, caring people willing to do anything for their furkids. I know YT kids are the most spoiled, well-cared for kids ever!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!