View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
battyboop
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Mochi's Homecoming

I just got home from getting Mochi (the 2 year old yorkie I rescued yesterday from the kill shelter) from the neuter clinic. He is now neutered, micro chipped, and up to date on his vaccinations.

When he got home from the clinic he walked on a leash with me in my front yard like a good dog and went pee on a tree. Then when I walked him inside with my dogs (Skunky a weinie dog, and my other yorkie Momo) they ran up to him and sniffed him and Skunky licked him on the head and then went right about his business like he'd always been here, Momo sniffed him and tried to jump in my arms like a wussie and then clamed down and ignored him in lieu of the toy I got her at petsmart. Moochie let them sniff him and didn't growl or bark or anything and then walked all around my living room and did not mark or pee on anything (yet), when I opened the back door to let the others out he went out too and peed and pooped outside. He even comes to me when I call him and seems to know the command 'sit', so even though he was rescued from an irresponsible breeder that left him in horrible conditions it seems he has had some training. I clipped the hair out of his eyes with a little barrette and he has the cutest face, and he hasn't even tried to pull the barrette out. He even went in his crate when I opened the door and he is now resting in there in his new doggie bed with his blanket and his new toys (which he played with out in the yard). I am so glad I saved this boy!
My little girl Momoko is now standing on the couch barking at him like she is the queen..but I am sure she will get used to him soon.

I am going to let him rest in his crate for a couple hours then take him out fed him, give him his meds, and take him out to potty agian, then maybe give him about an hour of time out in the living room with me supervising him before I put him back in the crate for bedtime tonight.

Attached are some pics of him in his crate and bed at my home.
Attached Thumbnails
Mochi's Homecoming-img_0570-copy.gif   Mochi's Homecoming-img_0568-copy.gif  
battyboop is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!