View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #6
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

Hi there! Welcome to YT! We love our new members-so glad you joined us! I think it sounds like a great match for you! Please keep in mind that yorkies are very smart, and sometimes stubborn, which at times can make potty training difficult. But, if you stay consistent with whatever method and rules you use to potty train him, he will get trained. It may take a little longer than other dogs, but the love, companionship, and giggles you get from your yorkie will be worth all the extra time and effort!

Also, I wanted to mention that you could try and train him to potty outside and inside on pee pads. Many yorkie owners offer pads to the dogs to use indoors when it's cold/snowy/rainy out, and when the dogs will be left home alone for a longer period of time.

As far as the barking goes, try leaving a radio or TV on for him while you're gone during the day-I would strongly recommend an x-pen for him rather than a crate. That way you can put in a soft blanket or bed, a pee pad, some water, and some toys to keep him occupied. My two love to be tossed a Kong toy filled with a little peanut butter or cheese right when we leave.

Let us know if you have any other questions-and please post pictures of your new yorkie! Can't wait to see him!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!