View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
Hello,

This is my 2nd post to the forums. I was recently given a male yorkie pup by my friend who breeds them. For family/personal reasons, these pups are almost puppy pad trained at 7 mos.

So I brought home little Buddha (name given by breeder; I may change it) on Saturday and have been crate training since then. I have a cat in the house, and they are working out their relationship (so far there has been absolutely NO physical agression and Buddha has stopped growling but the cat still hisses to be sure Buddha keeps his distance). However, Buddha seems to be a little depressed being seperated from his littermates and other family members that my breeder still owns. He's not active like he was when I saw him with his littermates. He just wants to lay in my lap all the time.

In any case, I thought bringing him back to my friend's house for a visit with his family might cheer him up. Not to mention, my friend would like me to come visit, but I dont' want to leave him home alone in his crate even longer than he already has to be because he's home alone in his crate all day while I'm at work (crate training going well btw). This is only his 5th day with me. So my question is, will taking him to his former home cause him to backslide on his crate training and the his transition to his new home? My intention here is for this to be positive and give him visiting time with his family he misses.

Thanks!
Hi! and welcome to YT!!
I have 2 yorkies from the same breeder (bought 2 yrs apart) The breeder I bought from would do her own vacs in the beginning and only took donations which were given to the local shelter for supplies. When I would bring them for their shots I would put the puppy on the floor to play with the other yorkies and litter mates, if they were still there. It's like she forgot all about them and them her...They would stand very tall over her, and of course she was much smaller than the adults, and they would growl at her...I think maybe because the scent of the breeders home was gone and they didn't remember her...According to Ceaser dogs don't remember...sometimes I don't believe that but, in this case it was true. Maybe you will be lucky and they can be friends..

Good Luck to you and your new little furbaby!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!