View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 04:02 PM   #1
Sherry Lynn
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Question Universal Kennel Club International???

I tried posting this in the general discussion yesterday and didn't get any response. Hopefully someone here might have some insight for me.

"I don't have much experience, so I'm hoping someone can tell me anything about Universal Kennel Club International?? Or even about registering pups for that matter.

There was a thread last week about Irish Puppy Mills (sorry don't know how to attach a link to a thread) which caught my attention because my Dublin came from Celtic Irish Puppies on Long Island and she brings her pups over from 'her sister's farm in Ireland'.

Well, I pulled out the papers from the breeder, and the registration that I thought was from an overseas outfit is for Universal and they are from NY.

Then today I went with a friend (here in Jersey) to pick up her new Cavalier King Charles, and the registration papers he gave her was for Universal, too. Her breeder said that that was who they use when they aren't planning on breeding or showing a pup because it was cheaper that AKC. He was obviously a small time breeder who was really into the pups as they were really particular about letting my friend 'apply to buy' one. He said that they used Universal when the pups weren't for breeding or for show because it was expensive to register with AKC. (My friend had to sign papers saying she would spay her pup and send them a note from the vet to prove it.)

On the Universal website, it looks to me like just anybody can get papers from them. You can even buy a pedigree. What is that all about? Are they just printing things out at random?

http://universalkennel.com

I got my little Dublin purely to be a member of my family, and really don't even care about registering, but I just am dying to know more. I tried googling the breeders name and to come up with more info, but got no where.

How can I find out more??? I know the breeders name, his location in Ireland, and Dublins parents names.

Any help at all would be appreciated!"

Breeders Info:
John Stack
Dromcollogher, Co Limerick, Ireland
Sire: Parnell's Pal UKCI
Dam: Lady Debbie UKCI
Litter#: 2B9-1872 7564
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!