View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
domesticated08
Lovin' every minute
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hha View Post
Also, he's 9 weeks old, he's still a baby..most of the ladies in here will tell you, that you shouldn't expect much out of a 9 week old puppy, let alone a yorkie puppy. I was lucky, mine started using the piddle pads almost right after I got her, but, I got her at 11 weeks from a very good breeder, and she had been working with her pups..if you're gone all the time, I would use pee pads over trying to get him used to going outside, doesn't sound like you're home enough to train him outside..When he's done eating and drinking, playing, and just waking up, put him on the piddle pad and make him stay on it until he goes(usually within 10-15 min. after eating)..they really have no control over their bladders until between 12-14 weeks. when he does go on the pad, praise him, and even have a treat on hand to give him..whatever you do, don't punish him for going potty where he's not supposed too...as my obedience trainer told my hubby and me, when a dog does something wrong, it's not the dogs fault, it's the owners fault
Some good advice!!
domesticated08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!