View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I always get way too excited when someone posts that they have a boxer and I forget my manners.

Your Boxer boy is beautiful! I would love to see pics of Elijah. Your friend's dog probably has the Boxer Cardiomyopathy. The condition is so common among Boxers that it was named for the breed. We were early last summer to expect 4 to six months with Boo, but she is doing fantastic. We decided as a family to let her live her life -- we are careful with her and don't let her overdo it, but we refuse to make an invalid out of her. She still enjoys going to the barn and going along when we feed - when the weather is nice. Each day is a blessling.. Please be sure to ask your vet about the Boxer Cardiomyopathy - when caught early the prognosis is much better.
Awe, thanks so much for the compliment on Isaiah, he send lots of mooshies your way and a big ole kidney bean dance to ;-) I'll get some pics posted here of Elijah for you to see, he's a big boy now. I'll keep your girl in my prayers and hope she has all peaceful days ahead of her. I know what you mean about getting all excited about boxers, lol, I'm the same way, matter of fact, I thik my toosh starts swayin and startin to do a kidney bean dance or two when I see them, lol. I just looked at the report my friend had sent to me on her boxer boy, what he has is: "Moderately-severe sub-aortic stenosis with aortic valve insufficiency" He's puttin up a fight that's for sure. He had a heart attack last week though so things are starting to go down hill for him. He's had seizures for a while now because of it. She keeps him pretty calm for the most part, but you know boxers, at times they just can't help but get excited. I'll be sure and speak to our vet about the Boxer Cardiomyopathy. Thank you for the heads up. Give sweet Boo another kiss for me and tuck an extra one behind her ear, that way if she needs one in the middle of the night, she has it ;-) Here's a few pics of Elijah, the one of the baby boxer, well that's Elijah when he was born and the big boy sniffing him is his big brother:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ElijahNPhoenixResized.jpg (14.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HQ1.JPG (52.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HQ4.JPG (39.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HQ52.JPG (51.6 KB, 3 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!