Thread: help!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
Brookef18
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default The Loved Dog

So much fun! Congrats on your baby!

Buy the book The Loved Dog. It has tons of training tips and everything I have tried has worked so far.... I use an old play pen with pee pads in my basement cause it's so cold here and i didn't want Sadie going out side till it warms up a bit. What ever you decide enclosed potty area works pretty good once they get the idea.

I wouldn't change the food for at least the first week or two...Chewy got sick and had to be on boiled chicken and rice for the longest time! Just stick with what your puppy is on at first and let it get used to being in your home.

I crate my pups at night and when I can't watch them, but i let them have lots of time to run and play also... i use a water bottle (Like a rabbit bottle) in the cage... They can have water when ever they want it, and it can't spill... works great!

Get your baby checked by a vet as soon as you can after you get it home. Chewy was from a pet shop and was perfectly healthy but don't trust... get the clean bill of health from your vet and bring a stool sample.

I go to the second hand store and get a few things they need and it's cheaper...

Plates for their food. (they are so small they can't always fit their heads in the dog bowls!

baby blankets are great to pad the cage, lay on the bed or couch while they are sleeping with you...(in case they pee!)

Baby toys, are great! I get stuffed animals that have sewn on eyes.. rattles. Anything that doesn't have things that can be torn off!

I have small baby lunch box that I bring Sadie's canned food and water in with a cold pack when we travel.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!