Thread: help!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIPCB7 View Post
Anyhow, the other day I made the mistake of going into a pet shop with my kids to just "look". Needless to say, Cody just yanked on my heart strings.
OK, most important lesson learned here. Never go into a pet shop "just to look." (I actually can't go in them at all because it makes me too mad. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIPCB7 View Post
They are feeding him Science Diet, should I continue that?
I would continue w/ whatever he is currently eating for a few weeks for a few reasons. Firstly, he's a bit younger than what most reputable breeders consider an appropriate age for placment. Secondly, regardless to WHAT your dog is eating, it's not a good idea to immediately try to change EVERYTHING they know IMO, he's already going to be going to a new home. Let him adjust first and then gradually swap the food over. Science diet is not the best food out there, but it's not the worst either. But remember, the food that is the best option for one person's dog may not be the best for the next. Research foods, ask for samples, try them and decide what is best for Cody. Supplement his diet as needed.
Here is a good link to use to start your research...it directs you to several sites that compare foods and touches on home cooked and raw feeding as well. Just remember, all the sites are based on OPINIONS, so take that for what it's worth.
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/fa...d/reviews.html

As far as "accidents," some are bound to happen, no matter how careful and watchful you are. Just be consistant w/ potty training and eventually he'll catch on.

Congrats!
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!