Thread: What To Expect?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 05:00 AM   #3
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

My Yorkie did had a reaction to her vaccines once. She may have died if emergency treatment wasn't given, but it was. This was probably from the lepto shot. Please do not give it to a Yorkie unless you live in an endemic area. Still then it is really risky for toy breeds and I wouldn't give it so easily. Coronavirus isn't core and is certainly not necessary. Rabies has to be given whenever the state says. Parvo and distemper should be given in puppyhood and one year later. Then they can be given every three years or you can do titers. Some vets insist on doing them more often though. Hepatitis will probably automatically be given with distemper and parvo. Since they slip parainfluenza in the shot you have to give it, unless you do them all in singles. Some vets and most groomers also insist on bordatella vaccine. I don't like it (just because it is like a flu shot...just more poison in their systems) and since Ellie is so sensitive I don't have to give it. They "could" potential have an elevated chance of getting pneumonia without it though. So really it is almost as though there is no choice with some of these. Some vets won't allow your dog to be hospitalized without certain ones...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!