View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 12:05 AM   #14
EmrldShdwQueen
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTrixie143 View Post
From what I understand from the post, she got Brooklyn from a breeder. At the breeder's she was bred before and had 6 pups, one of which is Sophie.
The OP is now the owner of Brooklyn and she was bred with the same male as last time.
So they wouldn't be related, she is just using the same stud as last time.
Atleast that is my understanding of it.
If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Good luck with the upcoming litter, how exciting!! I can't wait to hear if she is indeed pregnant and see the pups. Keep us updated!!
Yep, that's right.

No father/daughter breeding. Brooklyn was owned by the other breeder (my friend), and had her first litter of pups with her. Wrangler, her male (on my site), was the sire of the first litter. She had 6 puppies, 4 girls and 2 boys, one of which was Sophie. At the time, I wasn't positive I wanted to breed, and I only had Maddie, my first Yorkie. I was looking for another girl as a friend for Maddie, and found the breeder who is now my friend and employer, who had Sophie...and I bought her. Then, a few months later, the breeder decided to sell a few of her females to cut down, since she had just bought several champion breeding females. She and I had become good friends by this time, and she WAS just going to have them spayed and place them in homes, but when she found out I was interested in breeding she offered me the 3 girls she was placing, the only ones not out of champion lines, one of which was Sophie's mom. So I bought all three of them from her (Brooklyn, Mikayla, and Hadley). So NOW Brooklyn is owned by me, and when she went into heat this time I bred her with the same male she was bred with last time, Wrangler. So Sophie is a past puppy from the same parents as these puppies will be...if she is indeed PG. And I am NOT going to breed Sophie...she's only 3 lbs, 6 ounces at 9 months!

Does that make more sense? Sorry for the confusion!

Btw...she's having reflux and burping and farting like crazy...and puking a little in the morning...that's probably a good sign...
EmrldShdwQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!