View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Thank you to everyone for your advice. Coby, the boys did apologize already. They actually apologized even after I knew what their son had done. I thought about talking to the couple about their son's behavior BUT I did't for a couple of reasons. The first being that they are in their 70's and I didn't want to upset them. The second, being that when the boys appologized the older man was very acceptant but the older woman not so much. It was obvious she had not idea that the son had approached the boys BUT she was well aware that he went looking for them. This was evident with the comment she made "It's a good thing my son didn't get a hold of them." Something told me she probably would have condoned what he did and I just didn't want to stir more up. It's rough I know because I have two elderly parents - one of which is terminal and I know if the shoe were on my foot I'd be furious (Prank or not) that someone was bothering my parents by making them get up and down unnecessarily. I'm a hot head too but as much as a hot head as I am I still know enough not to do such a thing. The thing that bothers me most is not what he said - words come out in anger. It's the fact that he thought to 1. bring a pipe and 2. bring someone with him. My son is small for his age. He looks to be 11 or 12 - not 14. He's only just 5 ft and he weighs just 100 pounds so the guy could not have mistaken him for older. His friend is taller but still looks very young. Thanks again for all your advice. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!