View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Very Upset and Need Advice...

I'm not one to post about personal matters but I'm very upset tonight and need some honest input. My son who just turned 14 and another boy 13 played Ding Dong Ditch last night. You know where you go to someone's house and ring the bell and run. He's never been in trouble and he was wrong. I found out about it today and myself and the other boy's mom made the boys go to the home and appologize. The home was that of a couple in their 70's and we really felt bad. My son is also punished all week. No outside, no videos, no phone, etc.

The problem I have is this. The older couple's son who is about 50 came to my home last night and approached the boys. This was between 6pm and 7pm and the boys were sitting by the side door of our home. We were inside and did not know any of this was going on. We found out all fo this today when we went to make the boys appologize and the other boy who was involved was really scared and said to my son "Let's just tell them what happened." and my son broke down crying (He's not a crier). Apparantly after they played this prank - the older couple called their son and told him what the boys looked like. The man their son walked to my home with a pipe and with another man and came up on my property where the boys were. My son saw him coming and got scared and hid. The other boy froze. Both these boys were sitting by our side door. Our cars were there, lights on etc. It was clear that parents were home.

This man approached the boy with a pipe and asked him "Are you alone and the boy replied no." He then asked "Where is your little friend." The boy replied he's not here I'm waiting for him." The man then said "You f.... with my family and the boy replied (He was scared) that we didn't do anything. The man then said to him with pipe raised "Do it again and I'll break all your f..... fingers and beat the s.... out of both of you with this pipe." This all took place while another adult man waited on the street.

I'm really disturbed by this. My son was wrong for being involved. The older woman said that my son did not do it but was there so in my eyes he's just as much to blame. I also feel that he deserved to get the crap scared out of him but not like this. We were home and as far as I'm concerned scaring them is taking them by the back of the collar and ringing my bell and telling us take care of it or I'll put my foot in their a.. not coming over with a pipe threatening them.

I just don't know what to do. Am I overreacting? I don't want to cause trouble for the older couple and again my son was wrong but as a parent I just can't allow a grown man to do what this man did. I don't want to press charges against this man because as I said my son was wrong but at the same time I don't want him to think what he did was fine with us.

What is really scary is that my husband is a retired Police Officer. He has his service revolver in the house and had he looked out the window and seen this he would have went out with his gun in hand. He don't know who this guy is, what he wants or what's going on. He sees a man with a pipe standing over a kid on our property. To go further had the man not put the pipe down or swung at him this guy would have gotten shot - all over a stupid prank.

I thought about myself talking to the guy (If I could find out where he lives) or having my husband have a talk with him, but quite frankly I'm afraid my husband will rip this guys head off. He's really hot that a grown man would come on someone's property with a weapon to go after two young boys. And, if we appoach him to talk and an altercation takes place (verbally or otherwise) in the law's eyes we're wrong for approaching him.

So what would you guys do?

Elaine

I
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!